Welcome to the 19th annual fundraiser for John Nelsen Moosedog Rescue Fund, Inc. (JNMRF).
Welcome to our 19th annual Howl-o-ween Contest where your votes for cleverly costumed pets become dollars donated to save and rehome Norwegian Elkhounds.
The picture receiving the most votes wins! To be a part of this annual fundraiser, you can enter photos of your pets and/or you can vote (which is a pledged donation) for your favorite contestant.
During the contest, photos are displayed in the order entries were received, and since contestants are in disguise, their names are not displayed. At the end of the contest, the names of the pets and their owners will be
revealed, with photos displayed in order of decreasing votes. The winning picture will be featured on the home page of the John Nelsen Moosedog Rescue Fund website for the month of November.
Contest Time Line:
Voting begins on October 1, 2017 and will end at 12 midnight EST, October 31, 2017.
The Entry Deadline has passed. We are no longer accepting entries.
Each vote you cast is your pledge to donate ONE US DOLLAR so, please, cast only as many votes as the dollars you plan to donate. Your donations are tax deductable.
Click the VOTE button to get a ballot and then vote for your favorites. Vote for as many pictures as you wish and as often as you wish.
We ask for your email address in order to track votes and to provide individuals with information about their own pledges (as needed/requested).
The emails are only used for contest purposes and will not be shared or distributed to third parties, except as required by law.
When you have finished voting, or by November 1st, please send in your donation. Voting is strictly on the honor system - the elkhounds and rescue fund depend on YOU.
If you prefer not to share your email address, you may send your donation with instructions on how to distribute the votes to JNMRF, P.O. Box 65, Mendenhall, PA 19357. These must be received by October 31st in order to be counted in the voting.
To Pay for Entries and Votes:
- Each photo entry is a pledge for $5 USD. The entry fee must be received for a photo to appear in the contest.
- Each vote is a pledge for $1 USD.
- You'll be happy to note that these donations are tax deductible because JNMRF is a non-profit 501c3 organization. Gifts in addition to pledged amounts are gladly accepted and also tax deductible.
- Make out a check or money order (which must be drawn on US funds) to "JNMRF", write "Howloween" in the notes section, then send to the address below.
- You may use PayPal. Please note that PayPal deducts 2.2% + 30¢ from each transaction.
That's 2.2¢ per dollar plus 30¢. Adding to your donation to help cover this amount is appreciated. Click the button-link below.